Meet the app-controlled drone that jumps over obstacles at your command.
- Rolls at 4.5mph and turns 90° and 180° in the blink of an eye
- Jumps up to 2.5′ and always lands back on its wheels
- Adjustable wheels for speed or stability
- Wide-angle video camera to capture, stream and save photos and videos (Requires micro USB key. Not included)
- Super-intuitive driving control via Wi-Fi® and FreeFlight 3 App through your smartphone or tablet
- Connect to Parrot’s Pilot Academy to share your stats with other pilots
Jumping Sumo is a responsive bot with a strong personality. It rolls, rushes, zig-zags, circles, takes turns at 90°, and in a flash, it leaps up to 2.5′ high, clearing obstacles that stop other rolling drones in their tracks. And, thanks to its embedded camera, it plunges you into the heart of the action. Jumping Sumo has 3 control modes:
- Jumper: Jumps up to 2.5′ in height and length, and always lands on its wheels.
- Kicker: Its spring enables it to push objects in its path.
- Auto-Balance: 2-wheel self balancing, like a “Segway”.
Drive with Your Fingertips
Sophisticated technology enables more precise turns than any radio-controlled car. Jumping Sumo performs half- and u-turns in less than a second with its inertial unit. Depending on your driving, the MiniDrone expresses its mood with customizable sounds.
See What Your Drone Sees
Jumping Sumo is equipped with a wide-angle camera that streams live immersive views to your tablet or smartphone, letting you see the world from a drone’s-eye view. Explore and navigate terrain inaccessible to other rolling drones—all without leaving your sofa. The FreeFlight3 app puts you in the driver’s seat and connects to your drone through its own WiFi connection, giving you a wireless control range of up to 50 meters.
Specs App: Free piloting app compatible with smartphones and tablets running on iOS, Android, and from September 2014 under Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1.
Connectivity: Generates its WiFi (AC) 2.4 or 5GHz network
Range: Up to 50 meters in free-field conditions
Directional Stability: Inertial unit with a gyroscope and an accelerometer
Camera: Wide-angle streaming video is transmitted to the smartphone or tablet screen
Resolution: 640 x 480 px, 15 frames per second
Battery: Removable Lithium-Polymer. Lasts up to 20 minutes. Full recharge in 1 hour.
Speed: Rolls up to 4.5mph
OS: Operates under Linux. Free SDK for coders.
Dimensions: With large wheels – 7.28″ x 5.90″ x 4.33″. With tightened wheels – 5.63″ x 5.90″ x 4.33″
Weight: 180 grams
Package Contents: 1 Jumping Sumo, 1 micro-USB cradle, 3 stickers, 2 rubber pads, 1 battery, 1 quick start guide